Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Unemployment Hell

Many things have happened since my last post. Below are the top 10 highlights of the last 2 weeks.

1. I found out that I do not have a teaching job for the 2011-2012 school year.
2. Survived the naughty boys in my summer school class.
3. Raised the fluency scores of 90% of my summer school students.
4. Successfully kept my cool during the daily district walk-throughs of my summer school class.
5. Received MANY complements from district officials about my teaching and classroom management abilities but STILL....no job!
6. I filed for unemployment.
7. I applied for 30+ non-teaching jobs that I am not fully sure I am qualified for.
8. I came to the realization that instead of spending my college years pursuing a career in teaching, I should have become a nurse, social worker, or therapist (there seems to be an abundance of jobs for these people).
9. Experienced a week of depression over the fact that I am a 30 year old, college educated woman with a Masters and I STILL can't get a job.
10. Have had to explain the reasons for my unemployment despite my qualifications to family and friends more times than I would like to count only to be told, "But they say they need teachers ALL the time!"

Here's to hoping something good comes my way and soon!

1 comment:

  1. That sucks- why not open your own school or tutoring freelance for reading and ELA. Don't let this get you to far down cuz the districts are being tight but may rehire come August or Sept

    ReplyDelete