Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Glimmer of Hope....I Hope!

Today I received an email from my school district's human resources department. It seems that on Monday, there will be a 5 day window of opportunity to apply for a spot on the eligibility list for a teaching position for the upcoming school year. While I welcome this opportunity with open arms, I am also thankful that I got my lazy butt off the couch and checked my district email which thankfully still works! Can you imagine if I had missed this! It's not like they call all the teachers who had contracts and no longer have contracts to alert us to this window of opportunity! So, I have been making sure that I have my paperwork in order, especially my letters of recommendation.

On a side note, I went to Target last week and saw from a distance that the beautiful, shiny, new school supplies are out. Today, some of them went on sale. This is only something a teacher would understand. I do feel sad that I am unable to partake in the festivities of purchasing new school supplies for my students. This is my favorite time of year. It's a fresh start and a chance to try new ways of teaching. I'm hoping I get a call and a chance to teach full-time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment